Re: even a 6 year old can see it

At 2:53 PM -0400 8/29/98, kvahey@canada.com wrote:
>Took my son in to see Channel 7 on Wednesday.....(he is 6 1/2).....When we
>were in the news studio he whispered to me "Daddy, where are all the
>people?".....and he was right. We were there DURING the 4 PM newscast and
>the third floor was "quiet"
>
>Even more depressing was what has happen to the 2 main studios....the big
>was is shuttered abd the smaller one is used for keep the FCC happy Sunday
>shows. The studio cameras (now pushing 20 years of age still have the old
>7 ping ball logo on them .......
>
>Kind of makes you wonder where all the graduates the schools are turning
>out are going to work...doesn't it???

During the newscast, you would find most of the people down the hall in the
control room!  I guess no one showed you where it is.

It's too bad that while you were there you didn't stop by the second floor
to see master control and the videotape room, where you could have at least
said hello to the bearded dude (me) busily at work there.

Larry Weil
WHDH-TV Master Control and Tape Operator