WTIC/WFSB

FMradio1@aol.com said:

> We had this discussion a few months back on this list.  WTIC-AM still uses the
> four tone signal at the top of each hour.  I don't know when the TV station
> stopped using them, but neither Channel 3 (now WFSB) or the current WTIC-TV
> (Channel 61) have used any tones for many years.
>
> Mike Thomas, WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks

Does anyone know when WTIC moved  from channel 3  to channel 61 and why?

Isn't a VHF signal at the top of the dial more desirable than
some UHF channel buried somewhere where TV viewers have
to squint to look at the numbers on the knob?

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak