Re: WEGQ, Royal Canadian Air Farce

> Eh, indeed. They're hilarious, have been for years, and the British
humor
> (humour) that they have thrown at the Royals is just as accessible
to us

With Luba Goy as Her Highness...

> The CBC, last I heard, was glad to ship its videotapes and CDs to the
> States. The catalog (catalogue) of RCAF material is at
> http://www.tv.cbc.ca/airfarce/merch/, with RealPlayer samples, yet.

I bought some cassettes and CDs from HMV on
recent trips to Toronto and Montreal, and suspect
these are also on sale at the CBC headquarters in
Toronto (250 Front St. W.)  HMV had cassettes at
a clearance price-- hour-long (audio) cassettes at what would be about
$5.50 US!

> BTW, the PBS airings are edited to take out the bulk of the Canadiana,
> though some certainly slips through. (Bob from Canmore applying for
work at
> Wal-Mart, for example, has "hoser" stereotypes as well as the
reference to
> Canmore...)

Got to see the unexpurgated episodes while in
Canada, plus a tape trader from Vancouver sent
me a few episodes right off the CBC. Would most
Americans know who Lucien Bouchard or Sheila
Copps are? I will say that RCAF regular Don
Ferguson does do a great Bill Clinton impersonation.