Re: WEGQ, Royal Canadian Air Farce

Eh, indeed. They're hilarious, have been for years, and the British humor
(humour) that they have thrown at the Royals is just as accessible to us
USers (I'd say Americans, but that's chauvinistic and they'd make a joke
out of that, too).

The CBC, last I heard, was glad to ship its videotapes and CDs to the
States. The catalog (catalogue) of RCAF material is at
http://www.tv.cbc.ca/airfarce/merch/, with RealPlayer samples, yet. :) And
the 800 # does work in the States. Gotta get some.... the PBS airings I've
seen while at my parents and the CBC ones while travelling were in
VCR-deprived settings.

BTW, the PBS airings are edited to take out the bulk of the Canadiana,
though some certainly slips through. (Bob from Canmore applying for work at
Wal-Mart, for example, has "hoser" stereotypes as well as the reference to
Canmore...)

At 04:17 PM 8/15/98 -0700, Bob Nelson wrote:

>Also: was up in Toronto for a few days. Got to catch
>some reruns of the CBC's satirical show "Royal
>Canadian Air Farce", mornings at 7 am on The
>Comedy Channel (their version of Comedy Central).
>The TV show is a spinoff of the long-running CBC
>radio show. While some sketches feature Canadian
>politicians who may be unfamiliar to Americans, most
>of the humor could quite easily reach the US market
>as well. A friend of mine in Chicago taped me some
>episodes of RCAF which had been airing on
>WTTW-11. (The Air Farce site says that the show
>will soon be airing on WGBH-2,  but I have yet to
>see it there).  Anyway, I've enjoyed the Royal
>Canadian Air Farce's humor on TV, radio, and even
>CDs and cassettes (gotta pretty much go to Canada
>to get those, or maybe by mail). Any Air Farce fans
>out there, eh?

Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law