Re: Gus Saunders retires--from the Herald

When I talked with Gus a few months ago, he had been having some health
problems, but all things considered, he was doing very well-- he is in his
70s, I believe, but he has always maintained a busy schedule.  He still
loves radio, and  I doubt that he will really 'retire'-- even from the
Herald unless he absolutely must:   I think he will still write a column
now and then, and I am glad to hear he will continue doing his radio show--
he is one of the last of the old time announcers in Boston, and his
audience loves him.