Re: scam at WALE

The date was July 20, 1989 when Bob and Jim Karam officially took over 1400
AM in Fall River and changed the calls to WHTB...

A bit of trivia about 1400 Fall River
· The current owner of WALE-990 thought it would be a great move to take
WALE calls to Providence when he sold it to the Brothers Karam...despite the
fact that WALE (as call letters) made more history in Greater Fall River...

· Bob and Jim Karam were originally looking to hook the calls WHTR-for
"We're Homtown Radio"...those were taken at the time...so they decited on
"We're HomeTown Broadcasting"...on air...the liners read "We're Hometowns
Best Radio..."

· Ironically, WALE/WHTB 1400 showed better in the Providence ratings than
the current 990 AM, which is based in Providence, at least when 1400 was a
full service station...not sure now that they are ethnic...but probably
still the same...or better.

Marc Lemay
(down in history(???) as the person who shut off the transmitter at WALE
1400 AM at 11:01 PM 7/19/89 and turned on the transmitter at WHTB 1400 AM at
4:45 AM on 7/20/98...hey, I'm pretty proud of it!)