Re: scam at WALE

At 12:35 AM 8/12/98 -0400, you wrote:
>One thing in their favor is that, in their written account at least, they
>come across as normal people, not crackpots.  That's a big help.  If they
>come across as normal people in person as well, that will help even more.

How likely do you think that is, Joe? After all, the subject of their
program was dreams. That's worth about 20 dB off their credibility. I'd say
that, from the tone of your remarks, you're probably as skeptical as I am,
although you're too polite to openly voice your skepticism.

Also, each of these people lost "only" about $2500. We probably can gather
several things from that. They HAD $2500 apiece. They were willing to risk
the money. Now, $2500 is not a small sum to most of us, but someone who is
able to amass such a sum presumably has better things to do with his or her
time than to doggedly pursue redress from uncaring bureaucrats. You can bet
that that's what Battaglia et al count on. My guess is that these folks
pursuit of justice ended when they penned their letter to Donna. The letter
allowed them to vent their frustration. They are now a few months older, one
hopes a bit wiser (though I'd take no bets), and are each about $2500 poorer.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205