Re: Fwd: A Scam at WALE?

At 09:17 AM 8/11/98, you wrote:

>Realistically, how many
>stations that broker out a substantial portion of their airtime are not
>stations that are at the bottom of the barrel?

I have little doubt that WALE is at the bottom of the barrel in
listenership. But the owner (I think his name is Battaglia) just purchased a
50 kW station in the Phoenix market for a substantial sum. (KCCF Cave Creek,
50 kW-D/1 kW-N DA-N. If memory serves, KCCF changed hands for about $3
million.) I don't know if Battaglia's money comes from WALE, but his ability
to purchase KCCF suggests that, listeners or no, WALE is doing OK
financially. That's a lot more than most AMs can say these days.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205