Re: Gus Saunders

>Peter George wrote:
>     I would say that Gus Saunders is probably one of the longest
>running (if not, THE longest running) on-air personality in the Boston
>market.  He holds his age very well.  He sounds as great as ever.
>     He, BTW, was the very FIRST voice of WNAC-TV (now WHDH-TV)
>Channel 7 when that station signed-on with test pattern and tone, in
>June of 1948.
<snip>

        That would seem to mean he already worked at WNAC (AM) then, which
would seem to mean he was on the air in the Boston market before Dave
Maynard (if I recall my Maynard bio info. correctly). And that, along with
the fact that no one else on this group has nominated anyone else as a
contender, would seem to mean that Mr. Saunders would be the winner of the
designation as on the air for the longest in the Boston radio market.
        Perhaps he would be willing to be interviewed for LTAR sometime?
Just make him promise not to recite any recipes <g>.