Re: Gus Saunders

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Martin J. Waters wrote:

>         That would seem to mean he already worked at WNAC (AM) then, which
> would seem to mean he was on the air in the Boston market before Dave
> Maynard (if I recall my Maynard bio info. correctly). And that, along with
> the fact that no one else on this group has nominated anyone else as a
> contender, would seem to mean that Mr. Saunders would be the winner of the
> designation as on the air for the longest in the Boston radio market.

Makes sense to me.  He was there when I first became aware of WNAC radio,
around 1949 or 1950 or so.  My mother used to listen to WNAC in the
morning during breakfast.  Bill Hahn did the morning show, "Breakfast with
Bill."  Whenever I was home from school, sick, my mother would bring a
radio into my room, and it would usually be on WNAC all day, so I got to
hear Louise Morgan, Gus Saunders, Bill Hahn doing "Teletest," and then
some network shows, including "Queen For a Day" and "Mark Trail."

If I'm remembering correctly, I believe that Louise Morgan died awhile
ago.  Is Bill Hahn still around?  How about Nelson Churchill?  (When I
first heard of Winston Churchill, I thought that he and Nelson were
related!)

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/