Re: RFV vs. Me

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Douglas Broda wrote:

> That doesn't necessarily mean he's wrong and we're right. Interpretation
> of the law's inevitably in the eyes of the beholder. (I mean, there are
> lots of people who reasonably disagree with lots of Supreme Court
> decisions, including me.)

But that's what courts are for.  They're like umpires.  It doesn't matter
whether you or I think it's in the strike zone, or even whether the
instant replay clearly shows it's in the strike zone, if the umpire thinks
it's a ball, it's a ball.  The courts' word is law.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/