Re: RFV vs. Me

A lawyer's best attempt at a short response:

He has his opinion of the law.

You have yours.

So far, the Courts I'm aware of unanimously agree with your position, as
do I, FWIW.

That doesn't necessarily mean he's wrong and we're right. Interpretation
of the law's inevitably in the eyes of the beholder. (I mean, there are
lots of people who reasonably disagree with lots of Supreme Court
decisions, including me.)

It *does* necessarily mean that following his interpretation poses
serious practical risk. Like the substantial risk of fines and jail if
the Court that gets the case doesn't adopt his position and follows
prior judicial opinions that disagree.

Scott D Fybush wrote:

> Anyone need a laugh (or a way to waste a few minutes?)
>
> Head over to http://www.sover.net/~rfv/lowpower.htm and see Monty
> Butterfield's "reply" to the latest e-mail I sent him...
>
> Guess who won't be getting any more free NERW publicity? ;-)
>
> (Comments welcome -- and I really AM more than willing to enter
> into a legitimate discussion of the points Monty's trying to
> raise, if there's anyone who's game to do more than just highlight
> passages from one section of the law.  Certainly Monty's not
> up to the challenge...)

- --
Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett