where is Bruce, and other matters

First, too bad about Bob Starr, former Red Sox broadcaster, dying of
cancer... wow, what a week it has been for losing nice people...

Another thing-- I haven't seen our friend Bruce on WBZ-TV at all the past
week.  Does this mean something?  And I notice that some of the changes
spoken of a couple of weeks ago in the Globe are happening-- tonight, Liz
was on with Joe Shortsleeve, rather than with Sean (Are You Ready To
Rumble?) Mooney.

And how about Dean Johnson of the Herald doing entertainment reports for
WBZ Radio?  He sounds pretty good, in fact!

And finally, too bad nobody on radio or TV has the testicular fortitude <g>
to report on all the changes in the industry and the many fine folks who
are losing their jobs... I for one think Upton Bell sounds great on the
radio, and I hope some intelligent station picks him up soon-- but the
pessimist in me fears nobody will...