Re: Three Tons Of Fun

I can't recall ever seeing (unless I had done so as an infant while
watching "Howdy Doody"--I was almost 5 when the show ended in 1960)
as "Three Tons Of Fun" silent comedy short.

But...

In 1994, then-Governor Bill Weld had an "attack" spot in which he
poked fun at his three Democratic rivals for the election. His campaign
used an old film of three buffons who WEREN'T the Three Stooges (maybe
the Weld '94 campaign couldn't get the rights to use Stooges clips).
The film looked like it could have been made in the days of silent
movies, so I'm wondering if anyone in this newsgroup knows if indeed
Weld '94 used clips from a Three Tons Of Fun film to poke fun at his
three Democratic rivals that year.

Joseph Gallant
<notquite@hotmail.com>