Re: Today's LTAR

At 11:21 PM 8/2/98 -0400, you wrote:
>But advocating the asassination of the president is a serious matter.  I'm
>not familiar with the federal laws on this point, but I believe it is at
>least a crime to advocate the overthrow of the government by force or
>violence.  Threatening the life of the president or his family may also be
>a crime.

In the mid-80's, a fringe newspaper in Cambridge ("Street Magazine" IIRC)
got in trouble for an editorial cartoon that posed the question as
captioned, "What do 10 phosphorous-coated .38 caliber slugs mean?  Justice"
 Ronald Reagan's head was depicted snapped back, just like JFK.  The next
issue dealt with the ramifications (a Secret Service visit) at some length.

Dave