Re: Today's LTAR

I agree with what others have said about free speech vs. physically
threatening someone, the president, etc. As the saying goes: There is free
speech, but you can't shout "fire" in a crowded theatre.

As far as Chuck Harder goes, I used to be a regular listener but I can't get
WCAP in very well here in Boston. I listened to Harder's comparison of Clinton
to Hitler early in the 1996 campaign and it was both amusing and frightening.
He played audio of Hitler and then overlapped one of Clinton's stump speeches.
I was surprised he was doing it and giggled for awhile until the point began
to sink in: The similarity in speech style, tone, pounding on the podium, etc.
was shocking. With the exception of the language difference, they both sounded
the same.

I know that another reason that Harder has been after Clinton is because of
his gun positions, which Harder, as well as others, compare with the actions
of Hitler, who before he started to massacre Jews and others, went door-to-
door in Germany confiscating guns. Now, I am not bringing these things up for
a policy discussion, rather, explaining the motivations of a talk host who I
have listened to for a multitude of years.

In a message dated 8/2/98 11:55:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,