Re: Today's LTAR

Joe wrote--

>But advocating the asassination of the president is a serious matter.  I'm
>not familiar with the federal laws on this point, but I believe it is at
>least a crime to advocate the overthrow of the government by force or
>violence.  Threatening the life of the president or his family may also be
>a crime.

In an era where all the FCC seems to do is shut down microbroadcasters,
some of the more radical syndicated shows say all sorts of increasingly
bizarre things.  I have heard Chuck Harter (or is it Harder-- no Bill
Clinton jokes, please) equate Clinton with Hitler and accuse him of
treason, and that was on a mild day.  Okay, like the guy or not, some of
these hosts are getting increasingly shrill, and some of what they say
comes very close to advocating violence.  The Texas host skirted the issue
by putting it as a hypothetical (now, what if somebody did the right thing
and shot the guy, or something like that...)-- and then claiming she was
just kidding.  Evidently nobody filed a complaint with the FCC...