Today's LTAR

Today on LTAR, Donna was talking about a talk radio host in Texas who was
advocating the asassination of Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and Al Gore.
She assumed that the station owner's expressions of outrage were crocadile
tears.  And perhaps they were.

But advocating the asassination of the president is a serious matter.  I'm
not familiar with the federal laws on this point, but I believe it is at
least a crime to advocate the overthrow of the government by force or
violence.  Threatening the life of the president or his family may also be
a crime.

Sometime in the early 1970s, Groucho Marx was investigated by the feds for
an offhand remark that "the only hope for the country is the asassination
of Nixon."  In describing the incident later, Groucho called it a stupid
remark which he shouldn't have made.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/