Re: Re[2]: No remote start on generator at WSRS xmtr site

On 30 Jul 98, at 14:25, Lorraine Smith wrote:

>     Please tell me that this isn't another Capstar budget cut!
>
>      Lorraine
>
> At 10:20 AM 7/30/98 -0400, Bill Piacentini wrote:
> >The Town of Paxton, MA lost power yesterday (7/29/98) at around 2:10 PM.
> >Consequently, WSRS (96.1FM) transmitter, based in that town, went off the
> >
> air.
> >Everything, except the start-up of the backup generator, is
> >controlled/monitored remotely from the studios. The station was off the
> >air for about 55 minutes. Evidently help was dispatched to Paxton to
> >start the generator.
>

> Usually they're set up to automatically kick in when power goes out...at
> out station we're only off for a fraction of a second....just long enough
> to trip a status alarm.  Guess somebody hadn't tested it in a while.

   It was my understanding 3 or 4 months ago WSRS didn't have an
engineer! I was told they needed studio maintance in the worse way!
I guess that it was true!
  Today it was brought to my attention that "Imus In The Morning"
on WQSO Oldies 96.7 Rochester, N.H. was a two week old tape!
Yesterday they were picking up a phone feed. It's amazing that a
multi-million dollar company like Capstar can't keep Imus on the air
*LIVE*!!!
  Hummm! Maybe it is another Capstar cut!

Take Care,
Roy Lawrence
(Sort of borrowing a great phrase from Lorraine Smith). Thanks Lorraine!
P.S. I wonder if this is an example of how dependable Prophit Systems will
be!