Re[2]: No remote start on generator at WSRS xmtr site

     Please tell me that this isn't another Capstar budget cut!

     Lorraine

At 10:20 AM 7/30/98 -0400, Bill Piacentini wrote:
>The Town of Paxton, MA lost power yesterday (7/29/98) at around 2:10 PM.
>Consequently, WSRS (96.1FM) transmitter, based in that town, went off the
air.
>Everything, except the start-up of the backup generator, is
>controlled/monitored remotely from the studios. The station was off the air
>for about 55 minutes. Evidently help was dispatched to Paxton to start the
>generator.

Usually they're set up to automatically kick in when power goes out...at
out station we're only off for a fraction of a second....just long enough
to trip a status alarm.  Guess somebody hadn't tested it in a while.