Re: why move Bruce???

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Shel Swartz wrote:

> YES!  Mike told it EXACTLY as it is!   Air talent or accuracy in forecasts
> be damned.   Now if only he could prove that the station in effect demoted
> him because of that.  On the other hand, most likely, Bruce is already
> entertaining offers from other stations who appreciate talent, and on-air
> love for his craft, and his never-ending goal and desire to deliver quality
> forecasting to his audience. :) shel

I think some years back, a weatherman on the old channel 7 brought a
successful age-discrimination complaint when he was dumped because he was
getting old.  Maybe someone out there can remember more details than I can
at the moment.  Donna?

The constant shifting around at Channel 4 remind me of the kind of
desperation we used to see at Channel 7.  The reason WCVB has been #1 all
these years is that they do a solid job of reporting the news.  WBZ-TV
used to be a highly respected news station when they payed more attention
to delivering the news than to shifting personnel around.  Jack Chase and
Don Kent were highly respected for what they did.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/