why move Bruce???

So I am still puzzled by why Ed Goldman (who has always been nice to me and
I can't say a bad thing about him) would move Bruce Schwoegler to weekends.
 Am I reading this wrong, or historically hasn't Bruce *always* gotten good
ratings?

I asked the same question when the move of Jack Williams was made a while
back-- he too had good ratings, yet that didn't seem to count for anything.
 What is the reasoning behind diminishing the visibility of  two people who
are loved by the mass audience?