Re: new WODS PD

>>   I also feel they should expand the playlist beyond the same boring
3,000
>>songs! (Hint: Expand beyond 1976) I think it's safe to play a song or two
>>from 1978 or '79.
>
>Imho this would be a bad move.  The word "oldies" conjures up a certain
>image...the Beach Boys, Motown, British Invasion, etc.  Not Saturday Night
>Fever

I believe that people don't care much about the years. But as an oldies fan,
I prefer music that's "up" and makes you feel good.  Certainly, not every
oldie was good, and to me, the current lot of music is either for (I'm being
nice) the hippie type, or the soft rock fan.  Top 40 was FUN music on the
whole, and when I listen to an oldies station, to me, a Top 40/Roc oldie is
roughkly from 1955 to 1985....and if they played something from 1987 on
occasion, it wouldn't ruffle my feathers, unless the song were a downer.

IMHO only... :) shel (stuck somewhere between 1965 and 1978)