"New" and improved?

While scanning the dial tonight, I heard a DJ at
WROR refer to his station as "the new 105.7, WROR", and I thought,
"hasn't it been nearly a year,
more or less, since they went to that format?".
Exactly when do stations stop referring to their
format as "new"? Well, maybe they had a DJ lineup
switch or something, so they could justify themselves
as being "new".
I think it's an advertising ploy-- make people think
you're "new" and thus you're exciting, different, and
"new and improved" (as opposed to old and lousy).
I remember WEGQ, "Eagle 93.7",  referring to themselves as "the NEW
Eagle 93.7" for at least
two years running! I guess they still considered
themselves "new".
Also brings to mind another radio cliche, usually
heard after a format change-- "we're the radio station
_you're_ helping to build"... or "(Name of city) 's
newest radio station..."