re : PaxNet

From: Radioboyrg@aol.com

>Don't know about his wallet, but running that network is gonna be
>expensive.... I give it about 6 months to a year.

>Anyone wanna take odds???

I think there's always room for alternative programming, particularly
if it has clearance in top10 markets.
Everyone's was writing off Fox in the mid-80's. Today, it owns the rights
to the World Series, Superbowl and Stanley Cup and some of the better
TV programs around(X-files, King of the Hill, Simpsons).
People were down on WB and UPN from the start. Yet those two are still
very much alive and kicking and expanding....

So, let's give Mr.Paxson a chance. One thing is for sure, marketing
and promotion will certainly cost him a small fortune -- full-page
ads in Time, Newsweek, US World+Report, NYT, USA Today,People. Not cheap.

- -Mark