Re: Community Standards

<< Dib9@aol.com said:

 > One the recent comments on morality and community standards on radio:  I
don't
 > fall on the conservative side of this issue.  My opinion is if a show gets
 > good ratings and is supported by advertisers then by definiton that show
meets
 > the community's standards.  (for example, Stern in most markets.)

In a message dated 98-07-17 21:59:32 EDT, sven write:

  Wouldn't that fall into the category of "taste?"

 I'd say most people have damn-LOUSY taste :) >>

Yes, but unfortunately the FCC has seen fit in the past to fine some of the
stations that carry Stern thousands of dollars for his bad taste.  That is
what I object to.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine