Re: Woo Woo Update

At 08:13 AM 7/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Arnie sent me this just now...
>
>"I don't remember the exact date when I joined WMEX. It was probably in late
>1958. I'll see if I can find exact date."
>
>All I have from Arnie at the moment...shel
>
>OH...Wasn't WMEX once called WLOE, and was it not a classical format?  And
>what did WLOE stand for, if anything?  WMEX stood for M(AX)
>Richmond...likely WMAX was not available at the time.

Boy is THIS how bad information gets around! Whew! The WMEX calls were
sequentially assigned by the FCC decades (literally) before Mac Richmond
ever heard of WMEX--much less bought it. But yes, as far as I know, what
became WMEX did have the calls WLOE at one time. I believe that those calls
were also sequentially assigned.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205