Re: Woo Woo Update

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Shel Swartz wrote:

> Arnie sent me this just now...
>
> "I don't remember the exact date when I joined WMEX. It was probably in late
> 1958. I'll see if I can find exact date."

  I believe Arnie came to WMEX about a year after Jerry Williams did, so
58 sounds right.

> what did WLOE stand for, if anything?  WMEX stood for M(AX)
> Richmond...likely WMAX was not available at the time.

  WLOE was the original calls when the station was licensed to Chelsea, I
believe last year Donna posted the history of calls, but in any event WMEX
preceded the Richmond Brothers by decades.

 I'm sure Ms. Halper will set us straight.