"Same frequency" network

On yesterday's Let's Talk About Radio, a caller
suggested buying stations on the same frequency
(like AM 1230) and setting up a network...yeah,
as soon as you lose the signal from one, the same
programming pops up on the same frequency,
from somewhere else. Actually I can think up an
example of this: WUMB-FM 91.9 has sister
stations on the same frequency in Worcester
(WBPR-FM?) and Falmouth (WFPB-FM?-  not sure
on those calls), and I do believe they run the
same programming.