Re: "Same frequency" network

Metro New York has a situation with four co-owned stations on the same
frequency
(107.1, aka Y-107 New Country -- WWZY Long Branch NJ; WWVY Hampton Bays
NY; WWYY. Belvidere, NJ; WWXY Briarcliff Manor, NY). I know there are
others elsewhere, but this one comes to mind.

Bob Nelson wrote:

> On yesterday's Let's Talk About Radio, a caller
> suggested buying stations on the same frequency
> (like AM 1230) and setting up a network...yeah,
> as soon as you lose the signal from one, the same
> programming pops up on the same frequency,
> from somewhere else. Actually I can think up an
> example of this: WUMB-FM 91.9 has sister
> stations on the same frequency in Worcester
> (WBPR-FM?) and Falmouth (WFPB-FM?-  not sure
> on those calls), and I do believe they run the
> same programming.

- --
Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett