Program change at WKNE/WKVT

Yesterday (7/11/98) was the last broadcast of "The Morning News", a
three hour news program which aired on both WKNE (1290 Keene) and WKVT
(1490 Brattleboro) from 6 to 9AM. Co-host Steve Zirlen has decided to
join the sales department full time. The void will be replaced with Doug
Stephan's "Good Day USA" program on both stations beginning Monday July
13. Jennifer Cuccarullo will continue to provide local newscasts for all
four stations (WKNE AM/FM, WKVT AM/FM) during morning drive.

Folks in Brattleboro missed a good portion of the final "Morning News"
due to failure of the ISDN line, and listeners of WKVT (AM) were treated
to a simulcast of WKVT-FM. (so I am told...at about that time I was
riding on one of those cool  new high-speed commuter trains from
Bridgewater in to Boston.)

Doug Bassett
WKVT AM/FM
Brattleboro, Vt.