Arnie Ginsburg (was Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 7/9: WTNH Goes to Chancellor)

Following is a message Arnie sent me awhile back....it's also posted at the
Big 68 Remembered site, along with his theme song, and an Adventure Car Hop
commercial.  Thought y'all might enjoy this:

"I was originally an engineer working at WMEX (long before I went on the air
there); then Channel 7, Boston; then WORL (Boston's pop music station). It
was at WORL that I would go on the air during the ALAN DARY or NORM PRESCOTT
DJ shows. It was corny but fun. I was also a radio consultant engineer and
got the original licenses for WBCN(FM)  & WBOS(FM) in Boston; WNCN in New
York City and about a dozen other AM & FM stations. Incidentally, in 1957 I
applied to the FCC to get the WBOS-FM license a few days after Westinghouse
turned in it's WBZ-FM license because Westinghouse turned in all their FM
licenses in all their markets. No one else applied for their 92.9 spot in
Boston."

"I did not program WBCN-FM in Boston; but around 1970 I became General
Manager of WBCN and President of its parent, Concert Network, Inc., which
also owned WHCN in Hartford, Ct. Those were the wild & wooly days of truly
alternative lifestyle radio and WBCN was THE BEST OF ALL in the country."

GOOD LUCK WITH THE WRKO PAGE!!!!!

Arnie Ginsburg

Shel Swartz

WRKO/The Big 68 Remembered!