antenna farmers

Recommended reading for antenna fans:  an item in the REAL ESTATE
section of last Friday's Boston Herald (7-3-98, pp. 35 & 42).  This
extensive article with sidebar focuses on the accommodations the folks
who manage the Pru, the Hancock tower, and One Financial Center have
made to make the most of their rooftop real estate.  Nice pictures,
too.  Worth a trip to the library (that's where I read this today, after
being out of town for the holiday weekend).

The same edition of the Herald features Dean Johnson's interview with
half of WNEW-FM's new afternoon drive crew.  Opie actually sounded
grown-up and intelligent.  One could reasonably expect this to be true,
but all I know of this character is what I've read in relation to
taunting Nik Carter and killing Tom Menino; neither of these episodes
indicated any maturity on the part of Opie or his partner.  Then again,
I don't believe everything I read.

You can find the Opie interview (including a follow-up on WBCN's
reaction to the information contained therein) in the Arts &
Entertainment section of www.bostonherald.com but I don't think you'll
find the antenna story online.