Re: WRKO thoughts on the 4rth Wknd.

- --------------1D04F332FA23693CB3B7186E

- --------------A8FD5F4569F8DF573329D050

"For the Love of Money" by the O'Jays peaked at #6 in May of '74 and stayed

on the charts for 10 weeks. It WAS a big smash for them, and being from
Philadelphia, I remember the stations there playing that song to DEATH. The

O'Jays were on the Philadelphia Int'l record label, so they were a really
popular "local" group there, but I know the song also enjoyed great success

nationwide.

The Kevin Hilley Wake-Up Show
       105.5 WJYY/92.1 WNHQ
Concord/Manchester/Nashua NH

BUMP MARTIN wrote:

> >> Bump wrote--
> >>
> > >What was this song I heard "Love of Money"?  Is this an 80's song?
> >
> > Donna answered....
> >
> > "For the Love of Money" was a huge hit by the Ojays, and yes WRKO did
> play
> > it.  Early 70s I think, but maybe mid-70s.
>
> The song by the O'Jays is one that I *would have* recognized.
>
> The song they played is one I *never* heard of.
>
> Does anyone know if there is/was a listing published anywhere?  On the
> web site?
>
> BM

- --------------A8FD5F4569F8DF573329D050

<HTML>
"For the Love of Money" by the O'Jays peaked at #6 in May of '74 and stayed
<BR>on the charts for 10 weeks. It WAS a big smash for them, and being
from
<BR>Philadelphia, I remember the stations there playing that song to DEATH.
The
<BR>O'Jays were on the Philadelphia Int'l record label, so they were a
really
<BR>popular "local" group there, but I know the song also enjoyed great
success
<BR>nationwide.

<P><FONT SIZE=-1>The Kevin Hilley Wake-Up Show</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 105.5 WJYY/92.1
WNHQ</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>Concord/Manchester/Nashua NH</FONT>

<P>BUMP MARTIN wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>>> Bump wrote--
<BR>>>
<BR>> >What was this song I heard "Love of Money"?&nbsp; Is this an 80's
song?
<BR>>
<BR>> Donna answered....
<BR>>
<BR>> "For the Love of Money" was a huge hit by the Ojays, and yes WRKO
did
<BR>play
<BR>> it.&nbsp; Early 70s I think, but maybe mid-70s.

<P>The song by the O'Jays is one that I *would have* recognized.

<P>The song they played is one I *never* heard of.

<P>Does anyone know if there is/was a listing published anywhere?&nbsp;
On the
<BR>web site?

<P>BM</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

- --------------A8FD5F4569F8DF573329D050--

- --------------1D04F332FA23693CB3B7186E

begin:          vcard
fn:             Kevin Hilley
n:              ;Kevin Hilley
adr;dom:        The Kevin Hilley Wake-Up Show;;WJYY/WNHQ, Concord/Manchester/Nashua NH;;;;
email;internet: hilley@conknet.com
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1