Re: WRKO thoughts on the 4rth Wknd.

Bump wrote--

>First the presentation seems much better than last years losely
>programmed efforts.

Hmm.  My impression was at least on Friday they sounded very un-prepared at
times.  The ad-libs of Andy Moes and company did not always work, and the
show sounded as if it had been thrown together at the last minute.  Also,
later announcers I heard on Friday sounded very hollow -- as if they had
been pre-recorded in a very bad studio.  I like the concept-- some of the
drop-ins were clever-- but the execution still was not up to the standards
of WRKO at its best.   But hey, it did bring back memories to hear top-40
hits on AM radio again!!!

Bump wrote--
>What was this song I heard "Love of Money"?  Is this an 80's song?

"For the Love of Money" was a huge hit by the Ojays, and yes WRKO did play
it.  Early 70s I think, but maybe mid-70s.  (I'm at home and don't have all
of my reference books with me...)