WRKO thoughts on the 4rth Wknd.

Just some thoughts...

First the presentation seems much better than last years losely
programmed efforts.

Are they rotating talk hosts?  This break Howie...next break Darlene and
Jeff, Etc?  Does this make any sense?

Where did they come up with this music list?  Kevin Straley and VB's
favorite records?  Heard songs I've *never* heard before.....hard to
believe these are Boston's 'favorites'....  "Let's Stay Together" by Al
Green?  Familiar yes....Favorite?

What was this song I heard "Love of Money"?  Is this an 80's song?  Most
people under 35 have very little reason to turn to the AM band anymore..
.So, I would guess that they wouldn't even know about this "Music
Weekend".

Unlike what Shel heard....From my understanding no one was contacted
from the old staff, not Harry Nelson, not Mike Addams, not Dale, not JJ.
..they really weren't interested in involving the original personalities
.  (I don't think it was a contractual issue, as most stations would
probably have allowed their talent to appear on 'RKO for that one day...
seeing it as publicity.)

Any other thoughts?

BM