Re: Radio Free Brattleboro is coming

I used to see ads in magazines like Popular Communications and
Monitoring Times for FM transmitters
that could be hooked up to any CD player (or similar
piece of equipment), and you could broadcast up to
a half a mile or so. But as you put it, "why bother"
when the listening audience would be so tiny?

I wonder if the people at "Radio Free Brattleboro"
are using the same micro-transmitters that Vermont
Tourism used for awhile at their rest stops as a
Traveler's Information Station. They
put out a signal for a quarter of a mile at best
(you had to stay in the rest area parking lot just to
hear them), and the TIS featured a message saying
that they were made by a company in Burlington, VT
called Mar-Tek (I think?) and you could contact them
for your own micro-broadcasting setup. I'd think this
sort of thing would be meant for stuff like realtors
("tune to 88.5 FM for a description of this house!")
and so on. Anyway, I wonder if Radio Free Brattleboro
would be using micro-transmitters like that type?