WEEI Tuesday night

Had a pretty interesting experience the other night. Going home after
the Sox/Phillies game on Tuesday night (Phils WIN- YES!!), about 9:30 or
so we were listening to WEEI when all of a sudden the station was GONE.
Instead we heard some French on 850. I told my buddy who was driving
that it was probably just conditions or something and that it should be
back in a second as soon as we get around the Fleet. WEEI did come back
in a couple minutes but then was gone again almost immediately and as
far as I know was gone for the rest of the trip (to NH). Did anyone else
catch that who might know what happened? And where's the Canadian (I
assume) station out of?