No Subject

Then we began heading south, where after an unsuccessful attempt to
find the studios of CHOX (97.5) in La Pocatiere, we drove to Quebec
City.

The two remaining AM stations, CHRC (800) and CBV (980), are both
south of town.  CBV has only a few months remaining on AM; its FM on
106.3 is on the air already.

The day's last stop was at the Ile d'Orleans site of CBVT (Channel
11), a tall tower festooned with no fewer than 20 FM bays -- 10 for
CBV-FM (95.3), 10 for CBVE (104.7), and neither in use since both
stations moved a while back.

And from there it was into the Old City, a wonderful dinner of pasta
and seafood, and back to the hotel.

*Next stops: Montreal on Thursday, Ottawa on Friday, and home!  We'll
try to check in at least once more, and then we'll have a complete
report next week.

- -=Scott Fybush, with Garrett Wollman -- NERW on the Road -- (c) 1998=-