Re: Garner Ted and Hebert W (but not Jack) Armstrong

>A former member tells me the old man, Herbert Armstrong is quite dead (died
>in 1986, continues to be dead); his son  Garner Ted runs a little cult
>somewhere in Texas.

Donna, your beliefs about Christianity aside, while the group was a cult at
one time, about a year ago, there was a big admission of errors, and a
return to the (forgive me) "plain truth" of the teaching of the gospel.

So as far as I know, it's no more of a cult than, say, the Catholic church.

:) shel