Re: Garner Ted and Hebert W (but not Jack) Armstrong

Dan S. wrote--
>Do you remember Garner Ted Armstrong, the son of Herbert W? I remember
>hearing GT much more than I heard HW until the elder Armstrong ousted his
>son from the Church for some transgression (real or imagined). In GT's
>heyday, the program was heard on all of the major 50-kW AM powerhouses I
>could pick up.  [snip]

A former member tells me the old man, Herbert Armstrong is quite dead (died
in 1986, continues to be dead); his son  Garner Ted runs a little cult
somewhere in Texas.  Last time I saw the Worldwide Church of G-d on TV, some
other guy was doing the preaching-- not nearly as dynamic as old Herbert
W... they used to have a magazine too-- "The Plain Truth".  But hey, for
dynamic TV preachers, I was always amused by Jimmy Swaggart...