most embarrassing radio moment...

I was reading some clippings from WEEI in the 1930s, and found one that
really made me smile-- it was around Easter, and the station had planned to
do a broadcast from the Vatican of sacred music, after a talk by Cardinal
O'Connell from the studios of WEEI.  Well, the Cardinal spoke eloquently,
and then it came time to switch to Rome, but something went horribly wrong,
according to the Boston Herald report, and the next thing the listeners
heard was a jazz band playing "Ain't She Sweet".

Can any of you top that one for a major screw-up?  (WEEI spent the next two
days issuing apologies to all concerned... turns out it wasn't even their
mistake-- somebody in Rome at station 2RO wasn't ready with the correct
broadcast and didn't flip the relay switch to the Vatican...)