Re: The 200 Boston (?) Conventions and Minimal TV.

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, PUBLICREF2 wrote:

> Thanks to declining TV ratings--and the fact that Presidential nominees
> are now chosen in the primaries--ABC, CBS and NBC are only planning
> two hours of live coverage of each of the 2000 conventions, all of it
> on one night-the acceptance speeches of the Presidential and Vice-
> Presidential nominees on the final night of the conventions.

Features on the convention city are a familiar part of network newscasts
and morning news shows during convention week.

> P.S.: CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News Channel will be there gavel-to-gavel,but
> that will draw only a minimal viewership.

Doesn't matter.  A city isn't showcased during gavel-to-gavel coverage of
events in the convention hall.  It's the features I've just mentioned that
gives the city exposure beyond its boundaries.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/