Re: RE: NH TV News

In a message dated 6/23/98 6:23:15 PM, hopfgapr@sprynet.com wrote:

<<Please, Jack Heath has nothing on the Tom Oliphants and David Broders of the

world. The USA media, as a whole, is left of center, and certainly left of

the public-at-large. (What was the poll, 89% of print journalists supported

Clinton vs. 40+% of Americans voting for him).

I'll make a deal, shut down NPR and the Washington Post, and we'll shut down

Jack Heath and the U-L.

(Let's talk Concord Monitor and Portsmouth Herald, two NH papers that are

left-of-center politically.)

The U-L gets beat upon so much because it IS part of a rare breed of

right-of -center newspapers in New England.

My point, for every "right-winger" in the media that you call out, I can

count a minimum of 3 "left-wingers"

My thoughts exactly.  Right on Paul!  The Union Leader does a great job of
covering the whole state of NH.  Where else can you read about what happened
in Berlin, Lebanon, Keene and Portsmouth all in one newspaper?  I have many
friends and relatives in different parts of this state and the Union Leader
helps keep me informed of the issues in those communities.

Gary Ford