Re: "News before the hour"

> If you sat behind a board in the late 70's you could listen to the
> network in cue.
>
> Same newscast, same sounder...sometimes even the same stumbles.
>
> I'm sure they had the capability to go live in the case of an ongoing
> development.

The same thing happens in the 90s. During my tenure at
WNYU-AM (new York University) in 1995-1997 I used to do a
Saturday morning music/talk show. At the top of the hour
I used to pot up the ABC news and sports feeds for
broadcast. Sometimes I would keep the ABC pot in cue
5 minutes before the hour (with MY mic shut and a record
playing, of course) and listen to the pre-feed. Ditto
Paul Harvey's show.

And now you know the rest of the story... :)>

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak