Re: "News before the hour" (Was Re: WITS)

Bill O'Neill wrote:  "I recall that ABC had the ABC FM Radio Network
feed at :15 <snip> that was shortened as well as relocated to :38"
The change happened in January, 1982,  when ABC squeezed 2 more
"networks" onto the same line that already had hourly newscasts for
Information, Entertainment, FM, and Contemporary networks plus 11 daily
newscalls and 4 sportscalls. Rock Radio News was fed (w/spots) from :42
to :43½ and Direction Radio News came from :45 to :49.  I don't think I
ever heard a station actually carrying a Rock newscast (the New York
Times reported 5/1/82 that Rock had fewer than 80 affiliates) and I have
a vague memory of hearing Direction somewhere.  The only place I recall
hearing news from "the American FM Radio Network" was WBRU Providence in
the early-to-mid 70's.
1982, by the way, also marked ABC's launch of Talkradio and CBS's
addition of Radioradio news from :50 to :53.