WNDS/Channel 50

     "The Weather with Al" truly makes Channel 50 worth watching.
Sure, on Channel 50 sometimes the tapes screw up (often).  The color
is true NTSC (never twice the same color) and video is downright NASTY
at times, never mind the audio.  But Channel 50 is STILL one of the
few TRUE Independent stations left in the country.  While virtually
most former Indies have gone the FOX, UPN (the Useless Program
Network), WB (We're Boring) route, Channel 50 still has that LOCAL
feel.  Channel 38 is simply awful now and 56 is a very close second.
Channel 25 was better when "Pat" ran it as an Indie (WXNE). Boy do I
miss those WKRP reruns.
     We in the Boston area are truly blessed in still having 2
(WABU/68 and WNDS/50) Indies.  Even New York (the nation's #1 market)
cannot make the same claim. I cannot claim to have watched a full
program from UPN or WB in the past 3 years.  Does anyone have a
favorite UPN or WB show ?  Let me see those hands now !
     Hang in there WNDS.  You've got a fan here. The same with WABU.
They are the "little engine that could" and DOES !

- -Pete

==