Re: WITS)

>>Another icon shattered, perhaps. You're telling me that the NBC news on
>>the hour, back when it was a real network, wasn't even live?  Are you
sure >>they didn't do multiple versions? I'm a little skeptical that NBC
was >>feeding a recorded newscast on the hour back in the '60s or '70s.

Bump responded:
>Same newscast, same sounder...sometimes even the same stumbles.
>I'm sure they had the capability to go live in the case of an ongoing
>development.

That's true.  I remember several times during the early 80s when NBC did
live top of the hour casts during breaking news.  Sometimes they would
open with a live correspondent, on scene, and then rejoin the taped feed
at the first spot break.

Ed (Brouder@Juno.com)
Man From Mars Productions

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]