Re: In search of...

>>Russell B. Butler wrote:
<snip>
>Also - ISO: Jerry Dunklee, former DJ at WKBK-AM Keene, NH
>and last I knew was in New Haven, CT teaching and parttime
>on-air at WABC Talk in NYC. Wife was/is piano teacher and
>concert artist named Becca.
<snip>

        Mr. Dunklee is a journalism professor at Southern Connecticut State
University in New Haven and is regularly quoted in the news media here on
issues involving journalism and broadcasting. He writes op-eds occasionally
for some of the newspapers in Connecticut.

>Or the shortwave station, WRUL (transmitter in Hull) with their
>studios on Commonwealth Ave., a couple of blocks from the Public
>Gardens. Great old studios (I remember the full length window
>drapes) in a brownstone they used to broadcast 45 minutes twice a day.
<snip>

        Was this transmitter in Scituate, perhaps, rather than Hull? The
only SW station I know of that was in Hull was when WBZ had theirs in the
1940s. But there was a SW transmitter site in Scituate for many years that
went with different call letters over those years. At one time it was WNYW
(Radio New York Worldwide). Or, if there was a site in Hull, I'm learning
something new about my old neighborhood.