Re: The 200 Boston (?) Conventions and Minimal TV.

I agree with the statements, though I must add that this is, as always,
subject to change. If either convention should have a potential for a
ballot-night fight at issue, which, while very unlikely today is still
feasible, I expect they'd up the coverage to include lots more. Still not
nearly likely enough, IMO, to expend a fortune. It should be treated as a
wee bit more valuable than a typical convention of the size, but not much
more.

Joseph Gallant wrote:

> One reason Boston is bidding for the 2000 Democratic Convention
> is to get a positive image of the city for four nights on prime-time
> TV.
>
> Mayor Menino and Company--wake up and smell the coffee!
>
> Thanks to declining TV ratings--and the fact that Presidential nominees
> are now chosen in the primaries--ABC, CBS and NBC are only planning
> two hours of live coverage of each of the 2000 conventions <snip>
>
> P.S.: CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News Channel will be there gavel-to-gavel,but
> that will draw only a minimal viewership.

- --
Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law